With people still staying at home due to the COVID-19 pandemic, families have limited dining options and have been more inclined to make and serve home-cooked meals. And for families with gardens and backyards, they even have the option of growing their own vegetables and coming up with delicious dishes using their own produce.
For award-winning celebrity chef Sau Del Rosario, using resourcefulness, patience, and love, one can grow their own vegetables and use them to create their own home-cooked meals. One of these meals can come from monggo seeds, which can then be used to create delicious monggo pork patties that families will surely love and can be me through simple steps:
1. First, you need to grow the monggo seeds. Put some tissue in an empty container and add 1/4 cup of water and add 1 cup of monggo beans and another layer of tissue and more water to make it damp.
2. After a few days, you will see it sprout, and you can then use the monggo to make pork patties.
3. Put 1/4 cup of cooking oil in a frying pan, add 1 piece of onion, 1 piece of garlic, and wait until the flavors come out before adding 1 piece of carrot, which will give the patty some color.
4. Then, you’ll add 1/2 kg of ground pork and add the boiled monggo, which has also been crushed, to make the patty.
5. Once this is done, you can then add the seasoning of your choice, which includes basil leaves, but can also be parsley, or even herbs and spices of your choice like curry and paprika to add more flavor to the patty before adding a pinch of salt.
6. Afterwards, the patty will be placed on a plate and allowed to cool.
7. Next is making the dish into a patty, which involves putting it into a bowl and adding an egg and 1/2 cup of flour, and making sure that the mixture has consistency.
8. The dish will then be shaped into patties and pounded before being mixed with flour and then placed in a frying pan with 1/4 cup of cooking oil until it turns golden brown.
9. The patties will then be served with bread and ketchup to complete the gourmet monggo patties, which can be served as for lunch, dinner, snacks, and can be eaten as burgers or with rice.
Aside from monggo, Del Rosario says that you can also grow your own garlic, onion, and tomatoes, to give yourself fresh ingredients for your home-cooked meals. He adds that what makes cooking these meals more satisfying is knowing that some ingredients used were grown and harvested from your own garden or backyard. Not only will you put these parts of your house to good use, but you can also have ingredients that you can use to take your home cooking to the next level!
For more home cooking tips, you can watch Quaranchef, a show hosted by Del Rosario, on PLUS Network. For more stories for professionals, visit Plus Network on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.