Summer is currently in full swing in the Philippines, and everyone is looking for ways to beat the intense heat. There are people who go swimming, while others go to the nearest air-conditioned mall to feel refreshed. But one surefire way to beat the summer heat is to have a cold serving of ice cream. And when it comes to ice cream flavors, chocolate is one of the most popular and is beloved by children and adults alike.
But aside from buying ice cream from a supermarket or a street vendor, did you know that you can also make delicious ice cream from the comfort of your home? In an episode of Beyond The Plate on Plus Network, celebrity chef Alyana Asistio, teaches us how to make homemade chocolate ice cream in a few simple steps using just three ingredients.
To make homemade chocolate ice cream, you need the following ingredients:
- heavy cream
- sweetened condensed milk
Once you have the ingredients, here are the steps to make your very own chocolate ice cream:
- To begin, you need to pour the heavy cream into a large bowl and put it into an electric mixer. You can also use an egg whisk and do it manually if you don’t have an electric mixer. Make sure that the heavy cream is at a cold temperature to make it easier to whip and get the consistency needed to make the ice cream.
- Then, you can start the electric mixer slowly at first and wait as it whisks the heavy cream. It’s important to be patient and wait until you get the right consistency for the base of your ice cream
- Once you get the right consistency of the heavy cream, you can remove the bowl from the electric mixer. Then, you can add the other two ingredients: the sweetened condensed milk and the cocoa powder.
- Afterward, you can start mixing the ingredients using the folding method, which makes sure that you are using a consistent pattern as you mix the ingredients. Keep mixing until the ingredients are 100% combined and you get the right color and consistency.
- If you want to add nuts and marshmallows to your ice cream, you can add them to the bowl. Make sure that you taste the mixture while mixing the ingredients so that you will know if you need to add more ingredients.
- Once you get the right color and consistency, pour the mixture into a mold and cover it with cling wrap. Make sure that the mixture is covered tight to avoid having water in your ice cream. Then, you can place it in the freezer.
- After removing it from the freezer, your homemade chocolate ice cream is ready to serve. If you wish to add sprinkles and wafers to it, you can do so before serving it. Enjoy!
The advantage of making ice cream at home is that you can also customize the flavor according to what you like. Making homemade chocolate ice cream will not only help you beat the summer heat, but it can also be a fun bonding activity for the family.