Some of us may already be setting our travel goals this 2023. If part of your list is going to a beach, don’t hesitate to include the Philippines’ tropical paradise – Boracay Island.
Boracay was awarded by Conde Nast Traveler, a US-based lifestyle travel magazine, as the top island in Asia last 2022. Boracay is known for its sunset, parties, white sand, and water activities. No matter how many times we visit this island paradise, there will always be something new to do and a new place to discover.
In an episode of Hello Shayne on Plus Network, host and travel vlogger Crystha Shayne Funcion takes us around the beautiful island of Boracay not just to enjoy nature, but also to help us explore cafes and restaurants we can go with our loved ones and friends.
Here are the restaurants to try on your next trip to Boracay:
1. Lemoni Cafe and Restaurant – If you’re looking for healthy gourmet cuisine, you can check out this cafe. It offers vegetarian, gluten-free, and vegan food options. It also has a great selection of desserts, shakes, and coffee.
Tip: Try their Seared Tuna and you won’t regret it!
Lemoni Cafe and Restaurant is located in the middle of D’mall de Boracay and opens every day from 7:00 am to 11:00 pm.
2. I Love Backyard BBQ – Somehow, eating after swimming at the beach just hits different. It’s easy to see how the salt, sand, and sun from a day at the beach can make you work up quite the appetite. If you’re craving smoky BBQ after a long day at the beach, visit this restaurant. We heard that their baby back ribs and grilled food are to die for!
I Love Backyard BBQ is located at 4 D’mall de Boracay. It is open every day from 11:00 am -11:00 pm.
3. Hobbit Tavern – This precious restaurant offers great food and a heartwarming ambiance. Enjoy eating meals with your family and friends while being serenaded by acoustic music and their impeccable customer service. Their servings are also huge, despite the name of the restaurant. Don’t forget to try their burger and seafood platter!
Hobbit Tavern is located at D’mall de Boracay and is open every day from 12:00 noon to 1:00 am.
4. Lazy Dog Bed and Breakfast – Known for serving the best adobo on the island, the Lazy Dog offers a cozy dining place, just a few steps away from Bulabog beach. They also serve great breakfast meals such as tapa, longganisa, and coffee! Guests shared that this place is pet-friendly and suitable to work at.
Lazy Dog Bed and Breakfast is located at 1 Sesame Street Bulabog Beach. It is open every day, from 8 am to 8 pm.
5. Monkey Tree Cafe and Bar – This place offers a taste of the tropics with its various island-inspired dishes and South East Asian food. You can enjoy this flavorful food while staring at the sea and enjoying the place’s serenity.
Tip: Try their Rendang dish, a flavorful Indonesian dish usually made with beef, coconut milk, and fresh island spices that will tickle your senses.
Monkey Tree Cafe and Bar is located at Sitio Bolabog, Malay. It is open everyday, from 7:00 am to 9:30 pm.
Food is always part of the travel experience. We need a heart meal to start and end our day of touring and swimming but most importantly, it makes our travel more memorable. So make sure to choose the right restaurant that will make your trip memorable! What’s your favorite food experience in one of your travels? Let us know!